Monday, May 4, 2009

Updates of a Writer in Progress


by Amy Platon

Ok, I am feeling especially happy today. And not to cast a shadow on the Roll Awards, but this just couldn’t wait!

No, I haven’t sold my book…..YET! I don’t even have an interested agent….YET! (But you can read my latest query letter here if you're interested.)

But I just received an email that I’ve won an Honorable Mention the April Poetry Contest over at Wordhustler. I’m totally stoked! Read the poem I entered, Wind and Winter, if you're into poetry. I promise it won't make you cringe. I hate it when poetry does that to me!

As far as updates, I have an article coming out in a local paper called the Nona View and it is a funny take on our local Senior Center. I had to get a lot of info in, at least I tried to make it light hearted, you know, a good entertaining read. You can read it here. So yippee for the progress of a writer!

I just got another reader response for my book and it looks like 100% of the readers think it would sell in a minute. Which is fabulous news because they have all been within my target market. WoooHoo! If you want to read an excerpt of CRACKED, then please do. Give me your comments too!

AND hubby and I got the bead board up at our bar area from the kitchen renovation we’ve started thanks to Layla Palmer’s photo consultation. I debated weather or not to post “in progress” pictures but I chose the Oprah route and decided to hold off for a completed reveal! I don’t want any bored readers. However I will say, it looks amazing and I am in complete love with my husband for dedicating his Saturday to doing it. If you’re reading honey….MUAH!

Thanks for all of your support. I love you, my readers, for making my dreams come true just by being here!

14 comments:

  1. Well, now you'll feel even better.

    I nominated you for an award! Go to my website to pick it up!

    http://workinginjammies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went over to read your poem. You are very talented! I thought it was a great piece! It sounds like you have some exciting things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your excerpt of Cracked...perfect description of grocery shopping with kids! It left me wanting more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all your progress! It sounds like you have some very exciting things going on and I'm so happy for you. Thanks for sharing with Monday's Muse :) Don't forget to join us in the forums!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Amy! So glad you commented on my blog because it led me to finding yours. I'm a fellow writer, hopeful that my novel will find its way to a publisher this year.

    Great job on your progress to date and congrats in your search for an agent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I can't wait to read your excerpt from CRACKED! Hope you're writing continues to go well and you find a buyer for your book!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've got some great things to celebrate. I like your site and look forward to reading more!

    Thanks for stopping by my place today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!

    Thanks for stopping by for WFMW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Success as a writer is always good. I had quite a bit in the 90s - makes you feel on top of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your successes! You have much to be happy for. Oohh, that ain't good grammer, is it? Well I never claimed to be a writer.....a reader? yes, writer, nope: blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Keep trying. Keep writing. It sounds like you're getting close. Kudos on your winning poem.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! The key to not spending anything or little on decorating is re-using for you already have.
    Good Luck with your kitchen!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Job. Hope you get your book sold. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your honorable mention! Great news!

    ReplyDelete